Thursday, December 6, 2012

Disciples of Iblis (Brand New Band from San Francisco)



Official Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/DisciplesOfIblis

Adrianna exclusively answers some of our questions this morning.

Vishal - What are you doing nowadays?
Adrianna
- We are in the process of finishing the demo song to find the rest of the band because so far there is only me and my guitarist.

Vishal - Can i get the story of Disciples of Iblis and biography? What is the meaning of Disciples of Iblis exactly means to the band?
Adrianna - Disciples of Iblis was actually someone elses idea.We worked with a few people in the very beginning who weren't as serious as us and one of them gave us the name, Alejandro Herrera who we will give credit toof course.The meaning of our name, Iblis means Satan or devil in Arabic and being a Disciple of the devil...Seemed fitting, so we used it lol. As far as the biography goes I will start with me. I came from a bay area band called Imperial Omen who I left over a year ago. After I quit I started working with Hector who is now DOI's(Disciples of Iblis) guitarist.I met him at my last show with Imperial, I think he contacted me somehow or I contacted him, I can't remember. Anyways, we started working together and its easy making songs with him and he is exactly what I've been looking for. Plus we both have the same dreams, visions, and goals. With our skill levels I feel we are perfectly capable of reaching them.

Vishal - What are the lyrical themes you guys use in your song?gore, horror, politics, anti religion etc..
Adrianna -  Since the name of the band is Arabic and I've never seen any other extreme metal bands who are well known use the theme of arabic mythology I thought I'd use it in my lyrical theme. For the EP I plan on adding some self enlightenment subjects in there to. Our first song, the demo song "The Molting of a New God" is a good example of this. It's about shedding away your old skin, old skin being an old life you don't want to lead anymore, or something personal that you have shed.

Vishal - How it feels to be in a Underground band?
Adrianna
- Being an underground band? Uhm, it feels great because its the beginning of something big, every step feels closer and closer to the big stage you know?

Vishal - Which are the bands that have influenced your band most?
Adrianna
- Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dying Fetus, Nile, and the great Origin

Vishal - What are the future plans of Disciples of Iblis? any tours, releases, recordings etc.
Adrianna
- Right now we are in a limbo period until the fate of this demo song lives.  The universe has put us in this limbo due to the amount of time its taken to even get passed recording guitars. For the future we plan on being signed to Nuclear Blast and touring with our influences!

Vishal - What is your opinion on sites posting Underground Materials?
Adrianna
- I am big supporter of the undergrond so I say its awesome!

Vishal - How do you feel about the classifications in metal? like deathcore, metalcore and other subgenres..
Adrianna
- Well i think the sub genre's are dumb, but on the other hand there are people who truly beleive in them so I can't be a total hater I guess.

Vishal - In general term extreme metal isn't appreciated by Society what do you have to say on this?
Adrianna
- I think its unfair that it doesn't have its own on air radio stations, or satelite radio popularity,but its the same bullshit as church. God has his church out in public but Satan doesn't. Brainwash bullshit.  I think though, soon extreme metal is going to be the new rock n roll. It's coming into the light slowly but surely. And we will have our chance to reign!

Vishal - Ok, what do you want to tell those peoples who rips off the band hard work and illegally downloads their music?
Adrianna
- Honestly, and I'm sure you've heard this already, shows is where we make our money not album sales, unless your like a fucking pop artist.

Vishal - Beside Disciples of Iblis do you have any other projects too?
Adrianna
- My guitarist does and it is called "Eternal Disease" look em up on facebook show some love!I myself do not, people are afraid of my level of seriousness and dedication apparently.

Vishal - Is it hard surviving in underground Scene?
Adrianna
- As far as money goes yes its very hard, you need money to have the right gear and such.As far as shows and recognition its all about working hard and stopping for absolutely NOTHING!

Vishal - Metal has to be underground or metal has to go mainstream, what's your opinion?
Adrianna
- I personally can't stand mainstream metal in the terms of being a mainstream band. In mainstream your going to make more money of course but its not enjoyable. Underground metal you can actually write whatever you want but we aren't in it for the money and thats the truth! We just want to tour, make music and feed metal!

Vishal - What is your opinion on the current state of underground metal?
Adrian
na - I am unhappy that it isn't bigger then it should be because truthfully a lot of the underground musicians own the mainstream "gods."

Vishal - Which is the album you want to take to your grave?
Adrianna
- Emperor's Discography, they are my favorite band! 

Vishal - Can you recommend us some good bands from your place for our readers?
Adrianna
- Locally I'd say "Feast" "Fallujah" Nationally "lecherous Nocturne" "Watchworks"

Vishal - Support Underground Metal, how much you agree on this quote?
Adrianna
- 110% underground is where the heart is!

Vishal - Where do our readers can buy and listen Disciples of Iblis music and any other merchandise?
Adrianna
- Right now, in the future lol. If I had a link for a time machine I'd give it.

Vishal - In near future if any band from Nepal aproaches to you for a Split Album, are you goin to approve this?
Adrianna
- Of course I would!

Vishal - Your dream metal fest line up.
Adrianna
- Behemoth, Nile, Origin, ADE, Dying Fetus, Deicide, Fallujah, and Disciples of Iblis!

Vishal - Quick top 5 albums we must have in our collection.
Adrianna
-  Decapitated "Organic Halucinosis," Emperor "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk," Hypocrisy "virus," Evol "Dreamquest," Cerebral Bore "Manical Miscreation" much love to my girl Sim!

Vishal - Lastly, a space for you anything EUMSN have forgotten to ask you can tell us here?
Adrianna
- Hmmm, just to spread the word about us, we are going to the top! Like us on facebook
www.facebook.com/disciplesofiblis and soon we will be on reverbnation!


Much thanks to Adrianna for taking out her time for EUMSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment